Purchasing a kitten from us:
We no longer sell kittens with breeding rights, and reserve the wright to refuse sale to anyone and for any reason. Our Ragdolls are our babies and responsibility.
Page Updated 3-6-2022
Purchasing a Ragdoll kitten from Jamila's Ragdolls (1-10):
Purchasing process, terms and conditions:
1) Fill out our kitten application at the bottom of this page, if you are interested in one or more of our available kittens.
2) Complete a short phone interview, during this interview we will be happy to answer any questions you have for us as well.
3) We will email you a sale contract for the kitten you would like to reserve, to read and complete.
4) Contact us if you have any questions regarding the contract.
5) Pay the deposit to reserve your kitten.
We prefer Venmo (operated by PayPal) to receive payments, if you select the purchase protection option you will be charged the fee. Note: We have a contract that covers payment terms and conditions.
We can email you an invoice to pay via PayPal, you don't have to have a Paypal account, you can use any form of payment to pay this invoice. Such as a credit card, debit card, or an echeck. You will be charged a 3.1% non refundable fee when paying via PayPal.
We also accept Apple Pay.
Or mail us a check to:
140 Moccasin bend drive
Smithville, TX 78957
To reserve your pet kitten, a non-refundable deposit of $500+$33.75 TX sale tax will hold a kitten of your choice. Sale tax only applies to residents of the state of Texas.
Deposit terms and conditions:
1) We only accept deposits on available kittens.
2) Deposits are non refundable.
3) Each deposit reserves one specific kitten, we will not hold multiple kittens with one deposit.
4) We will only hold a kitten with a deposit, priority is given to the order deposits are received.
5) Deposits are transferrable, but here are the terms and conditions for that:
a) To transfer your deposit from one kitten to an other, you must request to transfer before your reserved kitten is 10 weeks old.
b) If you are transferring to a future kitten (not born yet at the time of transfer), you will be contacted when we have kittens born, your deposit/money must be placed on a certain kitten at that time, but can be transferred to an other (see terms 2-5).
c) Deposits expire after 1 year from received date, and your deposit will no longer be transferrable.
6) We reserve the right to cancel the sale at anytime, all money will be refunded.
Please contact us to reserve your kitten, for availability or any other questions or concerns you may have.
6) Submit the contract to us. You can fax, email, or mail it to us. Contract must be complete with a copy of your state ID/DL, and received within 1-7 days from when deposit was received.
7) When your kitten is 5 weeks old, a down payment in the amount of $1000.00 plus sale tax is due, due date for this amount will be on the sale contract. We will send you a Venmo request, Paypal invoice, or you can mail us a check. Check/payment must be received before your kitten is 6 weeks old, no exceptions. This down payment is refundable only when your kitten is 8-10 weeks old, if you decide not to get a kitten from us. It is transferrable just like the deposit.
8) Remaining balance with sale tax will be due one week before pickup if paying by check, Paypal, or Venmo. We only accept cash on pickup date.
9) You can schedule a video call with us to see your kitten.
10) Kittens go home at 12 weeks old, we will let you know when you reserve your kitten the weekend/dates your kitten can go home. If you are planning a vacation or it won't be a good time for you to bring your kitten home, please let us know. Any arrangements that need to be made for us to keep your kitten longer than the dates provided, are subject to approval. A fee may be charged for each additional week, to cover some of our additional expenses ($100 per week).
What we promise:
All our Ragdolls are SBT registered with TICA.
Kittens are ready to go home at 12-13 weeks of age.
All our Ragdoll kittens go home litter box and scratching post trained.
All our kittens are microchipped, and up to date on vaccines.
We give every kitten/cat their full attention, love, and care.
Your kitten comes with a health record and a health certificate, showing that the immunizations and de-worming are up-to-date.
We do not recommend or give FIP and FeLV Vaccines, as they can be very harmful to Ragdolls. We do however, test for FIP, FIV, and FeLV in all our breeding cats.
Your kitten/cat's TICA registration paper will be e-mailed to you within 60 days, once proof of spay/neuter has been received (for pet or show only). We will provide you with a 2 page form (proof of spay/neuter certification form) at the time of sale, you can get it filled by your vet when you get your kitten spayed/neutered, and return it to us.
All kittens sold as a pet are registered not for breeding, not for showing. If you are interested in showing one of our kittens, it must be requested during the interview for approval or disapproval. Showing rights is at an additional charge.
Our goal is to provide outstanding temperament, well socialized Ragdoll kittens. To have an excellent selection, to provide you with both the look and personality that suits you and your family.
We promise to be available, before and after the sale to answer all your questions, concerns, for the lifetime of your kitten/cat.
Visiting your kitten:
We are a closed cattery, for health reasons visits are only granted for those picking up their kittens. April 2020 we made the decision to close our cattery to the public, It was a tough decision to make, as we have enjoyed people visiting us in the past. The safety and health of our cats and kittens is our top priority. We have plenty of great reviews and references, and are open to scheduling video chats.
A contract will be provided with each kitten purchased. The contract is intended to protect the seller, buyer, and most importantly, the kittens.
Please contact us if you'd like a copy of our contract in advance.
We update our sale contract sometimes, so if you have purchased from us before, your new contract might have a few changes.
Please read the contract before completing, and let us know if you have any questions.
You must be 18 years or older to sign a contract.
Note: a copy of your state ID/DL is required, as we need it to verify you are in fact older than 18 years old (by state law we cannot sign a legal contract with a miner). Also to ensure contact info provided on our sale contract belongs to the person signing the contract, and not using a fake name or contact info.
Please understand as we need to ensure all kittens sold as pet get spayed/neutered, we need to make sure we can reach you to obtain proof of spay/neuter.
Spay and neuter contract: We are required by TICA to obtain proof of spay/neuter on all kittens sold as pets, in order for us to abide by our contract with TICA, we need you to abide by your contract with us, by providing us proof of spay and neuter.
We understand you may simply forget to send us proof of spay/neuter, we will email you a reminder or 2. We do not want or wish to have to take anyone to court, but if you breach our sale contract, you leave us with no other choice.
As a member of TICA's responsible breeder program, we need to stand by TICA's code of ethics.
We will drive up to one hour to meet you with your kitten at no additional cost, any additional driving will be left up to our discretion. Delivery service to other states is available with a fee, starts at $550.00.
Note: any driving to meet or deliver will be decided upon availability of time.
We accept payments via Venmo, Apple Cash, and Paypal. We will send you a Venmo request or Paypal invoice after sending you your kitten's contract. You can use any credit card, debit card, or echeck to pay. No fee will be added if paying via Venmo or Apple Cash, unless you select purchase protection, if so you will be charged that fee. A 3.1% Paypal fee will be added if paying Via Paypal.
We accept checks and money orders, if you wish to pay for your kitten in full with one of these payment methods, Check or money order must clear one week before pickup/delivery.
Note: Payments to pay for your kitten/kittens in full, must be received one week before pickup/delivery, unless paying cash on pickup date.
Payments must clear before you can take your kitten home.
Pictures of your kitten:
We promise to take pictures of each kitten at least once every 3 weeks, any pictures we take sooner than every 3 weeks (once a week or once every 2 weeks), is subject to availability of time, the right lighting, and timing for the kittens.
Taking pictures can be very time consuming, as kittens most often don't stay still. On average it takes about 45 minutes per session for each kitten, so kittens in the same litter may not have their pictures taken all in the same day, unless we are able to.
Pictures are uploaded to the computer, then posted to the kitten's photo album on our Facebook page.
From when we start taking pictures of each kitten, till the day they go home, we post on average a total of 100 pictures of each kitten.
We try to be fair to everyone waiting to take home their kitten, as we know the wait is tough, we do our best to take as many pictures as we can. Our priority is taking great care of our kittens, keeping their rooms clean, socializing and training. So taking pictures comes after those priorities.
When we have kittens available, they will be listed with price.
Ragdoll kittens availability:
Although we are busy year around, 7 days a week. We only have 2 kitten seasons, since our girls have been cycling together or around the same time. For the most part we will have kittens that go home in the spring and kittens that would go home in the fall. We only breed our queens 1-2 times per year.
We have traditional Ragdoll kittens in almost every litter. Mink Ragdoll kittens in most litters. We only have white Ragdolls when we breed our white queen. We only have solid Ragdolls when we breed our solid queens. We don't have sepia kittens that often, as we have to plan to breed 2 mink Ragdolls to produce a few sepia kittens.
Please only complete this application when we have kittens available
Fill out my online form.
Back to Top